Calories burned while yoga is not as much as you do cardio and aerobic exercise. However, yoga practice has different concepts and ways of cardio and aerobic exercises to lose weight.
Not only through the burning of calories in each movement, yoga can also encourage a person to be more conscious and focused on living a healthier lifestyle.
In addition, yoga is also called to help suppress appetite, overcome stress, and make sleep more restful. This is what makes yoga well done to lose weight.
Yoga poses for weight loss
Every yoga movement has different benefits. Well, there are three types of yoga movement to lose weight, namely:
Position of sun salutation or solar Namaskara
This yoga Pose can be done in the following ways:
1. Start with the standing position, then inhale and the movement of both hands straight to the top of the head.
2. Breath and then wrap the body while keeping the back position straight. Then straighten the arms down until the fingers of the hand touch the floor, positioning the fingers in front of the toes.
3. Inhale and then position the body of the neck and bun the body using both the forearm and the leg (plank position). Hold this position for at least 5 – 10 seconds while pulling and exhale.
4. Then lower the knee to the floor slowly followed by lowering the chest and chin to the floor. After that, straighten the arm to lift the body while uplifting the head, leaving the knee to keep touching the floor.
5. Now, change your posture. Lift the hips up and then place the palms touching the floor in front and the soles of the feet in the back until the position resembles the letter V upside down. Hold this position for 5 – 8 seconds.
6. After that, lift the body until it returns to position number 2. Then position the body standing upright like the initial position, while inhaling and lifting the hand straight upwards. Then, place both hands on the sides of the body by relaxing while regulating breathing.
Perform this gesture 10 times. Increase the intensity by holding positions longer or by accelerating the tempo of the movement.
Here is the sequence of how to do yoga boat positions:
1. Start with a position sitting on the mattress. Bend both knees in front of you and both feet flat on the floor.
2. With the palms facing upwards, straighten the arms forward until the hand rubs the second side of the knee.
3. Condongkan body backwards until the body forming an angle of 45 degrees with the floor.
4. Gently lift the foot from the floor until the knee parallel, if it can straighten the foot until it forms the letter V.
5. Hold the position for 30 seconds while adjusting the breathing and keep the shoulder relaxed. Repeat this gesture five times.
The plank position is a yoga pose for the simplest weight loss. In addition to losing weight, plank can also be done to train the strength of the abdominal and back muscles.
Here's how to perform the correct plank position:
1. Start with the position of the tengkurap, then the body to use both elbow and foot. Try both elbows parallel to the shoulders.
2. Maintain the position of the body and keep the position of the body forming a straight line while holding the abdominal muscles.
3. Hold the Movement for 1 minute then go back to the neck. Repeat this gesture for 10 – 15 minutes.
If you're not used to doing yoga, you can start with a simpler yoga movement, including a yoga movement for beginners. Once you get used to doing yoga, try some yoga moves to lose that weight.
But remember, to gain the ideal weight with yoga, this exercise needs to be done regularly and regularly, for example as many as 3 times a week. You can also combine yoga movements with other sports such as jogging, pilates, biking or swimming.